The management console allows you to manage permissions and user profiles belonging to the same domain. A domain represents a company or a business unit or department of a company. The domains are completely independent from one another, and an administrator can only be the admin of a single domain at a time.
There are two levels of administrator profiles:
- Domain Administrator: with full rights over all users belonging to a domain.
- Group Administrator: the domain administrator may create work groups and assign to each a group administrator who will have the same rights as a domain administrator but restricted to users belonging to this group.
The management console is accessible from the left menu (Management Console) that appears once the user has logged in to https://fiabee.com, and it is only visible for users with an administrator profile.
Fiabee allows for implementation of BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) policies and consumerization enhancement by allowing employees to choose their own devices to improve mobile productivity and collaboration since it provides the following services:
- Protection of sensitive corporate information against theft or loss.
- Reduction of costs and simplification of management and implementation of corporate policies.
- Reduction of costs by promoting consumerization and BYOD policies or the use of personal devices in the professional environment.
Some of the options the management console offers are:
- Select which of Fiabee’s mobile and desktop (PC) applications each individual user can install.
- Remotely wipe the content from an individual Fiabee user’s mobile or desktop (PC) application.
- Access an inventory of devices, operating systems and the versions of the operating system and the Fiabee application installed on each of them for each individual user.
- Define what actions each user may perform with synchronized documents on their mobile device to have real control over what users are able to do with corporate documentation.
Users may be created individually or en masse within the Users tab.
Clicking the Create new user button will take you to an online form where you can assign characteristics to the new user or users including a random password for a single use.
You can select Users to create: more than one user from the options available to create multiple users (dozens, hundreds or thousands of users) at the same time using a CSV file with a simple format: name;surname;email
All features selected in the form will be applied simultaneously to the group of users created with the corresponding CSV file.
The user with an administrator profile (domain or group administrator) can later make changes to all characteristics of the user accounts created.
Clicking the Details link on the Users tab allows you to access detailed information on all individual users in the domain such as the date the user was created, when they last logged in, the space allocated, the number of files uploaded and so on.
It also provides an inventory of mobile and desktop devices with the Fiabee application installed and the operating system versions they are using. The version of the Fiabee application installed on each device is listed as well.
The Users tab allows you to modify the characteristics of an individual user including their credentials (email address, password, name and so on), allocated quota, whether or not they have an administrator profile, the work groups to which they belong and more.
In addition, you can set granular permissions for what actions a user is allowed to perform on their mobile device with synchronized documents.
The permissions that can be managed are:
- Fiabee applications the user can install.
- Write permission: the user can modify, upload and delete files. If these actions are performed on files stored in folders shared with other users, the other user accounts these folders are shared with will be updated.
- Offline access permission (for smartphones and mobile devices): the user can store files managed with Fiabee locally on their mobile devices.
- Cloud Print permissions: the user can send a print job to Google Cloud Print.
- Share individual files: the user can share individual files using an auto-generated link.
- Share folders: the user can share their own folders with other users and assign access permissions.
- Accept folder sharing invitations: the user has permission to accept other users’ invitations to share folders.
- Irreversible deletion: the user is authorized to irreversibly delete their files and folders.
Using the Details link on the Users tab you can remotely wipe information managed by Fiabee and stored on a user’s different mobile devices and computers.
When you click the Remote wipe link that appears next to each of the user’s devices, the next time the user tries to access the application on his or her smartphone, all files, metadata and data associated with the Fiabee application will be deleted automatically, and the user will automatically be logged out of the service.
For remote wipe of the desktop application, when the computer connects to the Internet, the entire local Fiabee folder will automatically be deleted and the user will automatically be logged out. The wipe is a permanent deletion; a user’s files are not saved in their local recycling bin but permanently erased with no possibility of recovering them.
For security purposes, the user’s files remain stored on the servers after a remote wipe is performed in the management console so you can recover them at any time by logging in to the website or mobile and desktop applications.
In the Edit user section of the Users tab, an administrator account can block an individual user by clicking the Block user button.
This action will remotely wipe the user’s data from the website and all Fiabee applications they have installed and automatically log them out, and the user’s information will be stored on the servers so that it can be synchronized if the user is unblocked and logs in on the devices that had been disconnected.
To unblock a blocked user, simply click the Unblock user button. Note: the user will need to log in again on all devices for them to resynchronize all of the data stored on the servers.
To delete a user, just click the Delete user button. This action is irreversible and will remotely wipe the user’s data from the website and all Fiabee applications they have installed and automatically log them out. When a user is deleted, all of their data is irreversibly erased from the servers. The folders that the deleted user shared with other users will not disappear from their accounts.
On the Users tab, an administrator can click the Logs link to access activity logs for an individual user should they wish to track the user’s activity.
On the Groups tab, the domain administrator can create work groups or edit existing ones, assigning any user belonging to the domain to them.
Similarly, one or more administrators may be assigned to each group.
Work groups allow the administrator to create a folder and automatically share it with all group users, or individual users belonging to the group can make a bulk upload to group users when sharing a folder.
On the Groups tab, click Add group and select the users to add as members and those you would like to make administrators of the group.
A profile is made up of the different permissions and work groups you would like for a user to have and belong to. Profiles are created on the Profiles tab, which makes it easy to assign new users to work groups and grant them permissions.
The permissions that can be assigned to a profile include the Fiabee applications that the profile is allowed to install as well as the actions that the profile can perform with stored documents.
On the General tab you can see the main features of the domain:
- Quota limit
- Total quota used
By clicking the Edit info button you can specify how many GB of storage you would like to assign by default to new users created in the domain. You can later change the space assigned to each user individually through the Users tab (see details below).
On the General tab it is possible to force an update of the desktop applications for the users of a domain: as the number of users in a domain grows, so does the diversity of versions of the Fiabee desktop (PC) application they have installed on their computers.
If the user has a version of the desktop application that is older than the one described in the management console, the new version of the application will automatically be downloaded the next time the computer is restarted. The second time the user restarts their computer the installation will start automatically.
If the operating system is Windows XP, the update will be automatic without the user having to take any action or enter any credentials.
If the operating system is Windows 7/Vista with UAC (User Account Control) activated, Windows will prompt them to launch the auto-installer. After they accept, the update will continue automatically without the user needing to enter his or her credentials.
By clicking the Log in link that appears next to each individual user on the Users tab, a user with an administrator account can log in to the account of any individual user of the domain for support or auditing purposes.
The individual user will receive an automatic email notification with the name and email address of the administrator who has logged in to their account.
All of the activity of users with administrator privileges over a domain or group is recorded on the Domain logs tab, and it can be consulted for security, control or auditing purposes.